Team building activities held outside of the usual office environment can bring about a diverse array of advantages for teams. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Break down barriers and encourage open communication between team members
- Provide opportunities for physical activity, improving team health and well-being
- Foster collaboration and creativity through problem-solving challenges
- Build trust and a sense of camaraderie among team members
- Create a shared experience that strengthens the team bond even after the activity is over
- Valuable investment in team morale and productivity.
Below we have curated a list of our top 5 suggestions for engaging outdoor activities that you can organize with your team.
- Flat Out Afloat If you're looking for a unique team building experience on the water, look no further than Flat Out Afloat! Teams will work together to build their own boats using limited resources, and then put their creations to the test in a thrilling race. It's a hands-on activity that encourages teamwork, creativity, and problem-solving, all while enjoying the beautiful spring weather on the water.
- City Scavenger Hunts Using our app Go Team, we've create a highly customizable series of scavenger hunts to meet the specific needs and requirements of different teams. The activity can be tailored to fit the size of the team, the duration of the event, and the location of the activity. Additionally, the challenges and tasks included in the activity can be customized to align with the specific goals and objectives of the team. It's a creative way to promote teamwork, problem-solving, and healthy competition, all while enjoying the excitement of racing in the fresh spring air.
- Building a Dream Teams work through a series of puzzles and tasks to earn the additional tools and components needed to build a bike. Once complete, the bikes are donated to local children in need, making this activity both rewarding and impactful. This activity can also be adapted to outdoor settings, providing teams with the benefits of fresh air and natural light while they work towards their goal. Overall, Build a Bike is a fun and meaningful team building activity that promotes collaboration, problem-solving, and community engagement.
- Squad Game This activity is a team-based challenge inspired by a hit TV series, offering excitement and intrigue without individualism or physical danger. The game has simple rules and objectives, but success requires strategic thinking and adaptation. Challenges are progressively more difficult, requiring agility and intelligence. Suitable for any organization, Squad Game is a popular choice for team-building events and can be played in various locations - including the great outdoors, making it perfect for the spring season.
- Hole in One If your team enjoys some friendly competition, Hole in One is a fantastic springtime team building activity as it can be held both indoors and outdoors. Teams will be tasked to build their crazy golf course with non-perishable food items donated by the participants – which will then, ultimately to be donated to a charity of your choice. It's a fun and interactive activity that promotes healthy competition, communication, and teamwork, all while doing good for the community.