A Greek Appy Hour
Master the art of two of Greece's classic appetizers in our 90 - 120 minute workshop. We will teach you and your team how to create a spanakopita and a delectable and creative hummus. Whether you are new in the kitchen or you rank yourself as a masterchef, this interactive and fun virtual activity, will leave you with something tasty to show off to family and friends (if you manage to resist eating all of them yourself!)
All you need to do is pick up the ingredients and follow the pre-event steps below.
24 hour pre-event prep:
- Wash, de-stem, chop and steam your spinach. To steam, do not shake the leaves dry, allow water to cling and place in a medium-large saucepan over high heat with the lid on for 3-4 minutes. Allow to cool naturally then place in the fridge overnight.
- Take phyllo pastry out of the freezer and allow to thaw overnight.
Event day pre-event steps:
Step #1: Have your ingredients ready with equipment listed to the right on hand.
Step #2: Ensure that your technology works and everything is plugged in or charged.
Step #3: Ensure you have video and chat enabled.
Step #4: Get dressed to cook and ready to eat Greek!
What you need:
Set up your equipment in your kitchen. You will need to work near an oven and a burner or stove top. You will also need the following items or something similar to hand at your workspace.
- Access to running water
- 1 x Cutting board
- Food processor OR potato smasher
- 1 x Medium Saucepan
- 1 x Wooden or stirring spoon
- Baking sheet/Parchment paper
- 1 x Whisk
- 1 x Tablespoon
- 2 x Medium sized mixing bowl
- Sharp paring and medium knives
- 1 x Basting brush
- 1 x Damp t-towel (keep phyllo damp)
- 1 x Metal spoon
Meet your Chef
We have teamed up with Julie Burke, who operates a successful award-winning culinary team building business, based in Vancouver, BC.
Julie is a BCIT graduate and has been an active player in the hospitality industry. For twenty-five years, Julie owned Everything Done Right, a catering business. During that time Julie developed a line of line of dressings and sauces sold to retailer store chains in North America and Mexico.