Indian Cooking Masterclass
In 90 minutes, we will teach you to create delicious Indian recipes and help you discover the power of healing spices. In your Masterclass, we will demonstrate how to create:
- Masala Chai, a warm and aromatic spiced tea
- Chana Masala, a classic Chickpea Curry
- Jeera (Cumin) and Turmeric Basmati Rice
All guaranteed to make you look and feel like a pro-chef for your next dinner party. The kit includes everything you need to make these dishes. All you need to do is pick up the items listed on the 'ingredients' page and do the prep in advance of the class if you'd like to cook along.
You are also welcome to take notes if you won't be cooking in real time.
What you need to do pre-class:
A few days before, please visit the ingredients page for your shopping list.
Two days before the class, if you've decided to make the Homemade Chana Masala Powder, from scratch (see recipe provided) and soak 1 cup dry chickpeas overnight (if not using canned).
The day before the class, rinse, drain and boil the chickpeas as per the recipe instructions, and then store them in an airtight container in the fridge for use in the class. Also, store the resultant water from boiling the chickpeas in a separate container/jug in the fridge
- Peel 2 red onions and 1.5-inch fresh ginger and refrigerate (cutting sizes will be demonstrated in the class)
- Soak 16 almonds for 2 hours, peel, wash and blend them with 1.25 cups of water, pour into an airtight jar, and refrigerate.
What you need to do day of class:
- Soak 2 cups Basmati rice for 30 minutes
- If using canned chickpeas, please cook them while the rice is soaking
- After the 30-minute timer goes off, make the Jeera and Turmeric Basmati Rice recipe provided
Lastly, along with your open learning mindset, ensure that you have this handout pulled up on a device by your side.
- Various sized pots and saucepans
- Instant Pot (optional)
- Spice/coffee grinder or a powerful blender
- Knife and chopping board
Meet your Culinary Nutrition Expert
Geeta is a Certified Culinary Nutrition Expert (CNE) and Cooking Instructor. She has been working with healing spices and practicing Indian cooking techniques in her home kitchen in Toronto over the last 10 years.
Geeta’s virtual Indian cooking classes help you discover the power of healing spices to make healthy and easy Indian recipes from scratch without sacrificing the authentic flavors you enjoy.
Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced cook, you can be assured that you and your family will walk away with:
- Deeper knowledge of herbs and spices
- Hands-on training to solidify your learning around Indian Cooking techniques
- Belly's full of delicious, flavorful, and healthy Indian food that you will be able to replicate over and over again!